Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City, Dr. Himanshu Nagar supervises the region’s only MRIdian machine, created by a Colorado-based company called ViewRay. MRIdian provides MRI-guided radiotherapy, which leads to a more precise prostate cancer treatment while significantly limiting or eliminating the side effects of treatment.
- Dr. Himanshu Nagar’s bio on the NewYork-Presbyterian website
- Dr. Himanshu Nagar’s bio on the Weill-Cornell Medicine website
- Book an appointment with Dr. Nagar
- Dr. Nagar on Twitter: @HimanshuNagarMD
- ViewRays’ website: viewray.com
- How ViewRay works: viewray.com/for-patients/how-mridian-works/prostate/
- Where to find a ViewRay machine: viewray.com/mridian-treatment-centers/
- ViewRay on Twitter: @viewray
- ViewRay on Instagram: @viewrayinc
- ViewRay on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1212733/
- ViewRay on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ViewRay
The Stay in the Game podcast is sponsored by Cancer Health – online at cancerhealth.com.
Cancer Health empowers people living with prostate cancer and other cancers to actively manage and advocate for their care and improve their overall health. Launched in 2017, cancerhealth.com provides accessible information about treatment and quality of life for people with cancer and their loved ones, along with information about cancer prevention and health policy.
The full transcript of this podcast episode will be posted here as soon as it as available.
Thanks for listening to the show. You can find program notes and a full transcript at the charity’s website, fansforthecure.org. Be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and everywhere good podcasts are available. And if you like what you heard, a positive review on iTunes will help other people also find our show.