Fans for the Cure has partnered with the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) of the University of Pennsylvania for ACC’s Focus on Prostate Cancer Conference, a free, day-long virtual conference on prostate cancer that is open to the public.
- Focus on Prostate Cancer 2022/CANPrevent Prostate Cancer
- Friday, October 21, 2022
- 7:30 am – 4:00 pm EDT
- Virtual Conference via AJI Media Livecast powered by Accelevents
About Focus on Prostate Cancer Conference
Organized, hosted, and delivered by the leading physicians and healthcare teams at the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Focus on Prostate Cancer Conference is an educational conference highlighting the latest advances in prostate cancer diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and psychosocial issues. The conference will enhance the patient’s and caregiver’s confidence in remaining independent and their capacity to make treatment/medical decisions. The conference will improve patient/caregiver task behavior relating to health status, such as earlier identification of symptoms and/or notification of health care providers. Moreover, it will provide knowledge about healthy lifestyle choices and empower patients to make decisions about their health.
Who should attend?
- Those at risk and anyone affected by prostate cancer
- Family members, caregivers, advocates, healthcare professionals, and members of the public
What the are the conference learning objectives?
Asked another way, what can attendees expect to have learned after attending the virtual conference?
- Patients and families will be able to demonstrate active participation in their care management and the ability to make ongoing treatment decisions by describing the latest advances in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship for prostate cancer.
- Patients and families will be able to list signs and symptoms of therapy adverse events and/or toxicity, in order to know when to contact their health care provider.
- Patients and families will be able to demonstrate familiarity with the terminology and technical aspects of prostate cancer care including surgery, systemic therapies, genetic/molecular testing, radiation therapy approaches and clinical trials, in order to be able to make on-going treatment decisions and to identify self-care strategies.
- Patients and families will be able to demonstrate awareness of concepts and/or identify strategies for managing issues, related to: caregiving, clinical trials, managing toxicities related to standard of care therapies and late-effects, physical and psycho-social care, survivorship, nutrition, developing a survivorship care plan, and home care/hospice.
- Patients and families will be able to describe coping strategies for dealing with psychosocial aspects of prostate cancer treatment and survivorship in order to decrease feelings of anxiety, and to assist in recalling and processing self-care instructions and to actively participant in their care.
- Patients and families will be able to identify prostate cancer strategies for prevention, risk identification and diagnostic testing.