As Fans for the Cure pivots to online offerings in the wake of COVID-19, we have launched several new online programs. We are now launching another new program: an online women’s support group. As part of this launch, we are looking to recruit a technical support coordinator to assist with handling with technical aspects of the online meetings.
Job Position: Technical Support Coordinator
The position entails providing technical support to coordinate the women’s support group:
- Schedule the Zoom meeting
- Share the Zoom link with the Fans for the Cure team
- Send out a reminder email to the support group distribution list using Salsa Engage
- Send out the Zoom call link to the RSVP’d women 30 minutes before the meeting
- Launch the Zoom call 15 minutes early for the internal team
- Coordinate getting women into the call (approving names in the Zoom waiting room)
- Provide technical support for women struggling to get onto the call: includes monitoring phone calls, emails, and text messages
- Send the Zoom call link via email or text to women who RSVP late
- Track attendance on the call (via a Google Sheet)
- As the calls near an end, update the RSVP form in Salsa Engage (CRM will change in early 2021)
- Update the Fans for the Cure website with the date of the upcoming support group call
- Additionally, coordinate with the Group facilitator and Fans for the Cure team to ensure the successful running of each meeting.
The successful candidate must have her own computer, internet access, webcam and mobile phone.
Training on Fans for the Cure’s workflows and Salsa Engage will be provided.
This is a part-time position. This new online support group will meet every other Tuesday evening at 7 PM ET. Applicants must be available on those Tuesdays from 6 PM ET to approximately 8:30 PM ET.
Additionally, there may be an extra hour or so of work per week to coordinate the program during the times between meetings.
- Ability to learn technical systems like Salsa Engage
- Proficient in use of or ability to learn how to use Zoom
- Proficient use of Gmail, Google Voice, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Work well in pressured situations – with multiple requests for service coming in from different channels
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Salsa Engage
- Experience with WordPress
This is a remote position, especially during COVID-19. While the position is not required to be in New York City, it would be a plus if the person resides in the Eastern or Central time zone.
Fans for the Cure will pay $40 per hour for this position, with the successful candidate submitting timesheets and invoices for payment at the end of each month.
Fans for the Cure is launching its Online Women’s Support Group on Tuesday, 01-Dec-2020. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible as Fans for the Cure is looking to hire and train as soon as it can. (We already have someone in place to cover the position in the immediate short term. We are looking for help on an on-going basis.)
To apply for this position, please complete and submit the form below.